A quick grab and a very nice one. Actually it is in quite good
condition and I bought it running.
The picture on the b/w monitor screen changes its size depending on the
amount of white. I believe I might need to change some of the caps. One
of the memory boards was defective and displaying garbage on
the screen. I was able to quickly repair it with on of my spares from a
GORF cardcage. Otherwise there are some cosmetic things to do: all
metal parts have a little rust and one piece of wood is missing on an
edge. The covers of the loudspeakers are a little bent and the fan at
the bottom of the cab isn't very silent. I have added four feets and
replaced the power plug.
On the other hand the glass is pretty perfect. And what shall I say,
the kids love this game :-) .
A very early b/w Vector Game that I imported in May 2005 from the U.S.
together with the Eliminator below. I must admit, I don't have a
picture of mine yet, so this is "borrowed" from the Internet...
Paul from Pauls 50's helped me in getting it here to Germany and took
care of all import documents, customs and delivery to my door.
A first inspection showed that the game is technically wise complete,
which is very important. The cab is solid and the monitor and all other
electronics is very clean, nothing burned or "repairs" done. Mine is
missing the top artwork on the sides, but it seems it has never been
The first color vector game from SEGA/Gremlin imported form the U.S. in
May 2005 together with the Starhawk from above. The cab is not so
pretty, or ;-) ? However I always wanted to have a Vector Game from
SEGA and in addition this cab can easily be converted to a Vector-
The cabinet is not in a very good condition, there is some Water
damage at the bottom. But this one is also complete and nothing
looks burned/broken etc. BTW, the G08 Electrohome Monitor inside is
well none for its ability to catch fire very easily :-) . Rumours say,
you better have a fire extinguisher around.
This is still a project game.
This is the fourth one in my Atari Vector
Collection. Aquired in October 2004
in Hannover, a 1300km drive, puuuh.
The game was completely dead, when I bought it. Four IC's replaced
the Analog Vector Generator PCB, that's it. The
Monitor is running fine as well without
any repairs. Might do some cap kit replacement lateron. The marquee
lighting is fine after repair including the flourescent
the interior. The left joystick bellow needed to be repaired
with superglue, also some resoldering of wires of the control panel.
Afterwards a good cleaning was done. Left do to is cosmetic and repair
of minor defects.
For more details on repair/restauration efforts and additional pictures
Star Wars Cockpit
This is still in the restoration process, as it was badly damaged. I
need some time to get this started. At the moment it is more or less in
pieces. Also I have just the 19" Wells Gardner Monitor instead of the
25" Amplifone. Will be a lot of work....
The next one is my Tempest, which I
original cab has been cut off by the operator on the height just below
the marquee (left picture).
decided to dismantle the cab and to rebuild it. I used all of the
electronics and mechanics and built all the particle (wooden) board
Replaced was the also the marquee, the
sideart and control panel overlay (www.arcadeshop.com). The
result you can see on the right picture.
I will put the
whole restauration story into another page later.
Some luck was necessary to find this one. An Atari Asteroids Cocktail
that was in a pretty good shape. Nothing needed to be painted, a good
cleaning and it looked like new.
However, both, monitor and PCB were defective. When switching the game
on, I just recognized some beeps with an intervall of ~2 seconds. To
make the long story short, the monitor and the main PCB were defective.
The monitor needed some new deflection transistors plus resoldering the
connectors and the Asteroids PCB had ~10
IC's in the end. Fortunately the schematics have been inside, so with
the help of an
oscilloscope, a multimeter and a lot of time I got it working. The only
failure since happened 4 after weeks when the picture tube
cracked at the neck (no idea why this happened)
and I needed to order one from Hawkeye in the U.S. (www.hawkeyepicturetube.com)
"NEW WAY" Jamma Cab (Arcade
right you see our gameroom in May 2004. On the left is the start of
this hobby, the Williams Jokerz!
The Arcade Cab is a "New Way" Jamma Cabinet where I am running
(Advance Mame) with a Compaq Deskpro EN SFF PC (350 MHz), a J-PAC from
to convert button presse and joxstick moves into keyboard commands and
a Hantarex 28" 15 Khz Arcade Monitor.
that I have a good amount of Jamma and Non-Jamma PCB's (Printed
and a NEO-GEO single slot
some cartridges that all could be run in this cab, some with
adapters (see "My PCB's
and MVS Carts" link on
Wall Jukebox Rock-Ola 1494
This pretty rare WallBox holds fifty 7"
records. The picture from the original flyer show a 1484 which is
pretty similar to my 1494. A colleague has overhauled this beauty. I
like it because it is relatively small and has plenty of chrome.
Rock-Ola was the only one of the large US Jukebox Companies that
actually produced wall boxes. The price in 1962 was 3.850DM which
corresponds to about ~ 1000USD at this time.